PUBLISHED ON : 12 Jul 2014
CATEGORIES & TAGS : Soup,Appetizer
Angel Hair Tofu & Mushroom Soup
- 1 cube packaged beancurd for steaming
- 4 fresh black mushrooms (rinsed; finely shredded)
- 38g dried scallops (steamed until soft)
- Caltrop starch solution
- 100g water from steaming dried scallops
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon powder
- ¼ tsp salt
1. Shred the bean curd as finely as you can (preferably thin as hair). Soak it in water to rinse off the impurities.
2. Break the dried scallops into shreds. Set aside.
3. Boil the seasoning. Add shredded black mushrooms and dried scallops. Bring to the boil. Thicken with caltrop starch solution.
4. Put in the shredded bean curd. Gently and slowly stir it to scatter the bean curd. Pour into a serving bowl. Serve.